[csw-maintainers] Upgrade of SourceForge projects

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 16 14:04:35 CEST 2013

2013/4/16 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> The current Allura platform from SourceForge cannot fully run Trac.
> However, they plan to support this. As the forced migration of projects
> starts soon I just put our project on the list of projects not to be migrated
> automatically unless Trac is available again.
>
> We can however move it to another platforms anytime if we wish to do so.

How strongly do we depend on Trac? I use it a lot, but mostly for the
timeline of recent updates and for browsing the code. There's a bug
tracker, but I personally don't use it much. Both the timeline and
code browsing can be done elsewhere, e.g.
https://sourceforge.net/p/opencsw/code/661/log/

So as much as I like Trac, I also see that it's slow and the new
platform is faster.