[csw-maintainers] Our mirror list is out of date

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 18 14:57:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 17.04.2013 um 22:35 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> 2013/4/17 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> Peter's page is nice and certainly up to date. The current page, hosted
>> in our site has some merits though: it describes how to set up and use
>> those mirrors. I think that a merge of these pages is the best
>> solution. Is it possible to do it? What work it implies?
>
> I'm not sure about what work it implies, but what we can do for now is
> edit the page on the website to remove all the (potentially) stale
> links, and replace them with a prominent link to Peter's status page.
>
> In the long run we should get the status page running on our
> infrastructure. I'm guessing there's a cron job writing a HTML file.
> We could replace this with some form of writing to a database from
> which Wordpress would read and display.

I installed Peters script on the primary mirror some time ago:
  http://mirror.opencsw.org/status/
The list is also kept in sync with the official mirror list on the orga-wiki:
  http://opencsw-orga.wikidot.com/mirror-status
(Sorry, free wiki only supports 5 people on restricted wikis and as the list contains
upstream mirror maintainer names and emails I don't want to make that real public)

I already tried to integrated that into Wordpress, but my WP/PHP foo is too weak.
The data is there, if someone volunteers I can gladly help providing all status
information.