[csw-maintainers] Faster catalog generation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 28 20:41:37 CEST 2013

TL;DR run mgar up --all

I've spent most of today speeding up catalog generation, which was
ridiculously slow: about 6 hours. There is now an additional table with
only a few pieces of data, the ones that are necessary to generate a
catalog: dependencies, incompatible packages, and the description line.
Thanks to this table, the catalog generation code doesn't need to download
giant blobs with package metadata.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/20893

If I managed to get everything right (what are the odds of that!), catalog
generation should work just as well as previously, only faster.

I've also incremented the package database schema, so you need to get the
latest checkpkg code in order to continue working on the buildfarm.