[csw-maintainers] Our infrastructure on Solaris 9

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 6 11:45:10 CEST 2013

I was ignored when a similar question arose for Solaris 8 but here goes
anyway.

Take a snapshot of the last working set of Solaris 9 packages and
archive them. Do not piecemeal update as this breaks the set [as
happened to the last the Solaris 8 set which became unusable].

Thus only old system packages are provided to maintain old
installations. Anyone using an old operating system will be more
satisfied with an old working set than a newer broken one.

James.