[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 11 13:03:16 CEST 2013

2013/8/11 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> To come back to my proposition, in which part of the code is the
> association made, i.e. uploader becomes maintainer? Answering this
> question can simplify my life instead of wandering all the surface of
> the system.

The starting point is here:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.pkg.mk#L716

Every other bits of infrastructure read this pkginfo field.

I want to ask this question. It might sound like a rhetorical one, but
it's not: it's one of the central questions to the discussion:

Do you become the owner of the package because you are willing to take
on the owner's duties, or do you take on the owner's duties because
you've become the package owner?