[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Mon Aug 12 15:38:31 CEST 2013

Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org> writes:

> I am not sure using the http protocol is the best way here.

Yann,

We are trying to solve the blocking issue which can make the proposed
modification easy. So, it's a way. Probably not unique or best.

> I think we don't really care about the uploader, we rather care about who
> rebuilt the package.
> Because he's the one who knows what modification was made.
>
> So I think it makes more sense to put that information in the package (in
> pkginfo) at package build time, rather that trying to find it at upload
> time from the authorization layer (even if usually uploader = last package
> builder).

This is another solution if it doesn't change the ownership of the
package.

>From my point of view, there are 4 user related information:

1. the user who modified the recipe
2. the user who built the package
3. the user who uploaded the package
4. the user who owns the package, from Mantis stand point

Most of the time 1 == 2 == 3 == 4 (nice isn't it?)

Sometimes 1 != 2 == 3 != 4

And other combinations...

Now, I'm not saying the we must collect all this. What I'm saying is
that the values can be different and not always inferred from each other.

With the exception of 3, all the values can be contained by the
package. And exactly 3 is the NMU finalization.
--
Peter