chkpkg and soname-unused

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Fri Dec 20 15:39:26 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

I had some news about Oracle support for this problem (libraries
dependencies incorrectly kept in binaries in spite of the "-z ignore"
flags) that leads to soname-unused errors.

More details soon but to do some fact checking I would like need to see if
it is really the same bug that explains the different cases we have.
Could you tell me a list of packages for which you had to override the
soname-unused to override this bug ?

Yann