[csw-maintainers] Checkpkg database update and new checkpkg tests

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Thu Jan 10 21:17:44 CET 2013

Hi,

Am 10.01.13 19:01, schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> What a nice error message ! (this wil be improved soon ;) ).
>
> This error happens because ldd encountered an unexpected line.
> In that case, we should figure out if this line is the sign of a problem
> or not:
>   - if this is not a problem, we should ignore it when parsing ldd
> output (modification to be done in checkpkg code),
>   - if this is a problem:
>         - either we let the error be raised so that the maintainer is
> warned that something is wrong,
>         - or better we store the information in the checkpkg database
> and add a real check about this issue.
>

>     Don't know how it gets AMD_3DNow but thats fine too :)
>

> Well I am not sure it is fine.
> It usually means that, to be run, your binary requires a system with
> hardware capability AMD_3DNOW.
> See: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19082-01/819-0690/chapter2-20/index.html

I needed to raise the build level for ffmpeg anyway to build.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/ffmpeg/trunk/Makefile#L176

I'm not sure here if sse is the "same" as AMD_3DNOW but I think they are

On the other hand ffmpeg does have cpu autodetect. So iirc it only uses
codepath it can use. But builds all code paths. For see I could be wrong
as I added it as flags

> I am not sure we want that for our binaries. Are there still a lot of
> computers without this capability ?
And I'm not sure there is still real hardware out that that does not
support sse/AMD_3dNOW it's from 98 or so.

> But maybe this is just an optional feature, I have to check exactly how
> it works.
It's not optional I think see above
> Are you able to run the resulting binary on a system without AMD_3DNOW
> capabilites ?
I don't have any. :)

>     package is ffmpeg if you want to test it.
>

> Do I have a direct access to the location where you built it so I can
> skip the building step ?

sure /home/jh/opencsw/ffmpg/trunk

Greetings
Jan