[csw-maintainers] Python 3.3 in 64 bits

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 12 01:29:19 CET 2013

2013/1/10 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> Indeed. That means it doesn't honour $libdir which it should, right? Maybe
> you can bring this to upstream attention?

Upstream did the right thing. See this file:

/opt/csw/lib/python3.3/_sysconfigdata.py

One difference between pentium_pro and amd64 is this:

- 'DESTSHARED': '/opt/csw/lib/python3.3/lib-dynload',
+ 'DESTSHARED': '/opt/csw/lib/64/python3.3/lib-dynload',

Some other differences:

- 'SIZEOF_LONG': 4,
- 'SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE': 12,
+ 'SIZEOF_LONG': 8,
+ 'SIZEOF_LONG_DOUBLE': 16,

The full diff: http://dpaste.com/872770/

It looks like the upstream did the right thing.

To accommodate both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Python, we'll have
to use different _sysconfigdata.py files, which means we'll have to
configure it differently.