[csw-maintainers] Checkpkg database update and new checkpkg tests

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 20 01:18:05 CET 2013

2013/1/20 Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:
> 2013/1/19 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>
>>
>> As a temporary measure, I have disabled the full stats data structure dump
>> on the SVR4 package detail page.
>>
>> http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/765da5685ed2070d9130781d97461587/
>

> I checked this one and most of the time was lost in the pprint.pformat
> method. It has a hard time working on the large data object.

Yes, this was a very easy way to render the whole data structure into
text without any custom formatting code. Maybe custom formatting /
templating would speed it up, but at the same time, I liked to see it
raw, because pprint.pformat preserves any oddities with e.g. character
encodings, which can be lost when rendering with a template.