[csw-maintainers] maintainer field empty for etty6

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jan 25 16:52:36 CET 2013

Ok, what's happening is this:

The web update scripts are fetching the updated catalog
Current catalog is diffed with the old catalog
Packages needing to be removed or updated are nuked from the database.
Packages being added or updated have info fetched from the rest
interface and are inserted into the db.

The REST calls are failing and that's leaving the job half done (eg:
removal step only).

This is easy to fix if the REST interface is made responsive again.
Barring that, I'd likely be best to restore a backup of the DB until
it can be made responsive.

Ihsan: Can you please disable my *update* cron jobs on
www.opencsw.org?  I'm not in a position to do so for a few days. If
you're so inclined, you'll find database backups in my ~/db_updates/
directory.

The last catalog that had a successful update is the one that the
update process stores, so as soon as the REST interface is back in
action, we can enable the scripts and things will "just work" which is
a nice property of current setup. I should maybe look at only
pre-removing packages that won't be re-added and then only doing a
remove-on-update for the packages being updated.  That would lessen
the impact of things like this.

Thanks
-Ben