[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 26 12:54:30 CEST 2013

2013/7/26 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Ah, Maciej! You still wish to freeze the time to 2.6...

/opt/csw/lib/python is not a generic location, but a specifically 2.6
location, right?

> Joke apart, if
> we think longer term and generic, isn't there a way to convey the
> version in the package?

In general, one package could provide files for more than one version
of Python, so the granularity has to be at the individual file level.

> Another possibility: use specific class action
> scripts for each version; I'm quite cold with this one but
> mindenfeltevéstkimerítő tend to be my unfaithful mistress.

This would also be an option. You could define the regex patterns in
GAR. But I'm thinking about sewing that logic into the CAS as the
first option.