[csw-maintainers] support for GitHub hosted repositories

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 2 16:43:28 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/6/2 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> What's gathered/built depends on GITHUB_BRANCH variable, by default
>> "master"; if you provide something else, as in the example given in the
>> documentation, then that is gathered and eventually built...
>
> Aha, so it can be a sha1 sum as well, and you can do something like:
>
> GITHUB_BRANCH = d40fb7cc8f2b598df1225ec2c1841dbd6843c712
>

> Then maybe the variable can be named in a fashion suggesting that you
> can put any identifier in there?

I don't know and, consequently not tested, something like that. My
implementation is based on
http://developer.github.com/v3/repos/contents/#get-archive-link and if
what you shown is a valid Git reference the I suppose that it's
possible and if somebody test this with success we can rename it as
GITHUB_REFERENCE.
--
Peter