[csw-maintainers] Issue with checkpkg

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jun 13 13:16:37 CEST 2013

Hi Maciej,

Am 13.06.2013 um 13:13 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> 2013/6/13 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>> Nonetheless I would think making checkpkg more flexible and not
>> bail out would be a good thing.
>
> It almost sounds as if you wanted to make runtime errors silent and
> subsequent problems down the road harder to debug... that doesn't
> sound like you at all!

With "more flexible" I meant not to bail out on packages not built with GAR.
That means, remove the error, enhance the regex, not remove the reporting,
of course :-)
As it turned out the locale issue will go away soon anyway, otherwise I would
have suggested hardcoding the locale in checkpkg before calling ldd.