[csw-maintainers] How to remove dialog_minimal from unstable?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 20 11:40:46 CET 2013

2013/3/20 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> What do think about a high-level command that bundles all commands a user
> should do under normal operations, like upload a package or remove a package
> in a simple way without the need to use multiple commands?

If you think about maintaining our code, smaller tools are easier to
modify and refactor. I'm already getting flak from people because our
tools are complicated. It's also easier to define a sane set of
command line flags if one tool does one thing. Imagine trying to get
--help from a tool that does everything. Every possible option that
any subcommand might take would appear in this nonsensical soup of
unrelatedness. The pkgdb tool already shows signs of this problem.

I'm guessing your intention is to make it easier for humans to know
what tools are available and which one to use. Maybe there's a better
way of improving findability. For example, a tool naming convention or
a common location.