[csw-maintainers] ctags alternate proposition

pfelecan pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 22 09:57:53 CET 2013

CSWctags supplies the "Exuberant ctags" which is compatible with
the etags/ctags provided also by CSWemacs-bin-common.

Currently, both packages override the collision on  the
/opt/csw/bin/ctags component.

I think that the time to use alternatives has come. Thus, I
implemented the needed mechanism for the one provided by the
package under my maintenanceship and kindly invite the maintainer
of CSWctags to implement his part.

In addition to this, I propose that the component provided by
CSWctags be named /opt/csw/bin/ctags-exuberant (see how Debian
manages this) such as there is no more collision between the 2
packages. Idem for the manual page.