[csw-maintainers] Catalog genration broken?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 28 00:58:50 CET 2013

2013/3/27 Jake Goerzen <jgoerzen at opencsw.org>
> I recently csw-upload-pkg'ed a number of packages but I have had no email "catalog update report" sent yet.  Nor has the updated packages shown up in the unstable catalog yet.  I usually get these email's within a few hours.  I see there was an issue recently with the buildfarm perhaps a service didn't get restarted yet?

There were two separate issues. The recent one was a buildfarm crash,
but buildfarm is back up and the signing service is now restarted.
Another problem was a broken dependency which prevented the catalog
from being pushed. This is now resolved, and we expect the push to
succeed during the next generation.

Yet another problem worsening the other two is that catalog generation
used to take about 30 minutes, but now takes 3 hours. The bottleneck
is getting package information from the database, since we started
collecting symbols information, the amount of data to process has
grown 10-fold, looking at sizes of database backups.