[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] Need package CSWgobject-introspection on the buildfarm

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Mon May 6 14:57:15 CEST 2013

On 06/05/13 11:42, Jan Holzhueter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 06.05.13 11:37, schrieb Ralph Boehme:
>> Hi
>>
>> the build farm has CSWgobject-introspection-dev, but it's missing
>> CSWgobject-introspection. As a result packages (e.g. dconf)
>> checking for the presence for this toolkit finds it (via the .pc
>> file from the -dev package), but then the whole machinery to drive
>> introspection is missing as that lives in the
>> CSWgobject-introspection package.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Will install it.
>
> @Carsten seems like you should change the deps from the -dev package
> to also include CSWgobject-introspection

I was hitting similar introspection issues when trying to rebuild libgconf.
After the update above, it picks it up, but the result is a horrible mess:

http://dpaste.com/1112141/

The PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH are correct during configure time, but at
this point in the build, introspection runs the Solaris pkg-config (not
OpenCSW's, since that one has the default of /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig) and
without a PKG_CONFIG_PATH set, so it fails to find gio-2.0.pc.

Below, it tries to runs gcc, but this is a 64 bit build, and gcc is
called without -m64 (please note that configure found Studio, so
introspection just uses its own).

So I say, this introspection package is broken at this point, and needs
to be fixed, and preferably removed until then, as it breaks things.

Laurent