[csw-maintainers] Discovering 32/64 differences in shared files (pre-merge)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon May 27 15:19:44 CEST 2013

2013/5/27 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

> In fact we talked about that during the last camp and Igor suggested to
> always add include-merging with automatic 32/64 selection similar to what
> we have for curl right now with "diff -D". We should also use the
> opportunity to factor out the merging from GAR and enhance modularization.

Right, these are the things we could do after the utility is brought
into existence. I'm suggesting splitting this into smaller steps.
Having a simple utility doing this would be the first step. It would
be relatively simple and allow us to run it by hand and examine the
output. Once we have that in place, we can think about building more
automation around it.

For now, I just want something like this:

$ csw-compare-shared-install-dirs
(...)
/opt/csw/lib/python3.3/_sysconfigdata.py differs

$ csw-compare-shared-install-dirs --verbose
(...)
/opt/csw/lib/python3.3/_sysconfigdata.py:
-foo
+bar

The point being that it knows which directories to compare and which not to.