chkpkg and soname-unused

slowfranklin slowfranklin at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 4 17:47:45 CET 2013

Am 04.11.2013 um 17:41 schrieb Rafael Ostertag <raos at opencsw.org>:

> Hi
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:15:31PM +0100, slowfranklin wrote:
>> Hi Rafi
>>
>> Am 04.11.2013 um 16:50 schrieb Rafael Ostertag <raos at opencsw.org>:
>>> I recently got complains from chkpkg about soname-unused on sparc. The same
>>> build recipes do not make chkpkg complain on i386. As far as I can tell, `-z
>>> ignore' is in LD_OPTIONS on both, sparc and i386.
>>
>> oh, so I?m not the only one!
>
> Nah ;)

:)

>> I wanted to do a simple minor version bump of tracker when I ran into this. I?m currently adding a lot of GARCH dependent overrides in order to work around this becausei I gave up figurin out the cause after 8 hours.
>> According to elfdump -d the unused libs are definitely linked into the resulting program/library even though no symbol is used as verified with nm -d.
>>
>>> Any ideas what's going on?
>>
>> No.
>
> Could it be related to the buildfarm update?

What was updated? Maciej’s new code? I remember a similar issues when running Macies new code on a private buildhost on Solaris 11. Afair the new code on my Solaris 11 x86 produced different results compared to unstable10x, tons of soname unused. I was working on Samba4, large package so I wanted a fast buildhost.

-r