[csw-maintainers] Buildfarm setup - documentation

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 3 15:33:00 CEST 2013

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 03.10.2013 um 15:14 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> Why do we install, even optionally, the following:
>>
>> - DB2 client
>> - IBM Informix Client SDK
>
> There is also the Oracle Instantclient.
>
>> Are they needed for a feature of the build-farm?
>
> Yes, I built DBD Perl modules for all of these. They are not super-important,
> I just added the how-to-install as a reminder for me and others who want
> to redo the work. If you don't intend to rebuilt the respective Perl modules
> you can skip the install.

Alright. Not installing avoids the capability to rebuild the totality of
the stack which is, I remind you, one of the purposes of the build-farm
documentation verification.

Can you, please, provide a little bit more information about these
additional components, e.g. from where to get the packages, &c.
--
Peter