Using conditional GET or wget timestamping for the catalog files

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 28 19:45:36 CET 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> 2013/10/28 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
> > Option -O is used all over unfortunately.
>
> Is it more "-O happens to be used" or "-O must be used by design"?

>From taking a quick look at the code section where catalogs are
fetched it seems to be a case of "download to catalog.tmp, check if
ok, if so rename to catalog, otherwise we still have the old catalog".

I guess one could do it the other way around, rename current catalog
first, download without -O, check and rename back if not successful.

It's also used to download to another location than current work dir,
so -O sets an absolute path like "/var/opt/csw/pkgutil/catalog....".
That could be worked around by changing current work dir.