[csw-maintainers] Samba 4

slowfranklin slowfranklin at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 2 18:10:47 CEST 2013

Am 02.09.2013 um 17:59 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:

> slowfranklin <slowfranklin at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> Hi Peter,

>>> Have you explored how Debian is doing this?
>>
>> yes.
>>
>> <http://sources.debian.net/src/samba4/4.0.3%2Bdfsg1-0.1/debian/control>
>>
>> They're using a 4 suffix and iirc is they don't use and include smbd for file services at all, so it doesn't help us:
>> <http://sources.debian.net/src/samba4/4.0.3%2Bdfsg1-0.1/debian/README.Debian>
>
> Thank you. That is what I wished to read...

digging into the Debian Samba 4 packaging effort some more, I found the most current source for the Samba package. Debian is now unto a "merged" (ie now 4 suffix) naming scheme too. I faintly remebered reading this somewhere before but couldn't find it.

<http://samba.2283325.n4.nabble.com/Building-Samba4-for-Debian-from-Git-td4649856.html>
<http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-samba/samba.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=6105856b905bda0fc1a079a63f6071053327efb0;hb=refs/heads/samba_4.0>

-slow