[csw-maintainers] Samba 4, take 2, versioned packages

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 3 19:30:54 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-03 7:18 PM, slowfranklin wrote:
> indeed. I'll see if they can be disabled in the build by configure.

Don't bother too much if there's no option, just don't package them.
It's maybe even better: when we switch to it, it'll have been built
successfully many times over.

> Yes:
>
> $ ls /opt/samba/lib/libsmbclient-raw.so
> /opt/samba/lib/libsmbclient-raw.so

Okay, so that one would deserve its own little CSWlibsmbclient-raw package.

> slow at solaris:~$ ldd /opt/samba/lib/libsmbclient.so | grep /opt/samba
>         libsamba-util.so.0 =>    /opt/samba/lib/libsamba-util.so.0
<snip>

Okay, that's a lot, and really different.
I gather you linked with -Bdirect?
Can you do ldd with -v to see if they're direct deps?

I'm going to investigate in a vboxed Debian.

Laurent