[csw-maintainers] Integrating unstable→testing ― handover

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 7 23:15:11 CEST 2013

2013/9/7 Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org>

> On 2013-09-07 8:29 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> > So far, I've tried to make the package promotion as simple as
> > possible. Ideally, it was an equivalent of taking a snapshot of
> > unstable and making it the testing catalog.
>
> Since that's basically what I'm doing in production, I'm all for it.

In practice it wasn't that simple, there usually were packages I wanted to skip.

Another thing is deletions: we need to propagate them as well, but the
database currently doesn't hold the information about when a package
was removed from a catalog. This might be an inconvenient feature to
implement.

We currently have a table which connects a svr4 file, catalog release,
OS release and architecture.

mysql> describe srv4_file_in_catalog;
+-------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field       | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id          | int(11)     | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| arch_id     | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| osrel_id    | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| catrel_id   | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| srv4file_id | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| created_on  | datetime    | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
| created_by  | varchar(50) | NO   |     | NULL    |                |
7 rows in set (0.37 sec)

A row in this table means that such-and-such package is in a specific
catalog. If we want to keep the information about deletions, we'll
have to keep the row, but the row would need to contain a flag
indicating that the package has been removed at certain time.