[csw-maintainers] #ifdef's for solaris versions

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 8 21:32:40 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 09/07/13 17:57, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> 2013/9/7 Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>
>> Are there reliable #ifdef's for identifying solaris? and then, in case, its versions? I need certain  workaround for solaris and, furthermore some are needed only for solaris 8/9, but no longer in 10+. (I'm struggling with the missing stdint.h and the incomplete inttypes.h)
> Why not have a ./configure test for the exact feature or bug you're
> interested in detecting, and an own #define?
First, not everything is easy to check, also these tests need to work on
non-solaris platforms. Perhaps you do have some ready tests?
The first problem is checking for stdint.h: that's easy, the alternative
is inttypes. But then checking for various macros, some of those are
defined "blank" on solaris 8/9, not just undefined. (MIN/MAX limits,
PRTuPTR and that kind of stuff).

Furthermore, configure is easy for a program, but more difficult to use
for a library, a Framework where you install headers, because you don't
install config.h, or at least so I understand it.

So if you have some solaris ifdef's I would still a appreciate :) There
must be! Perhaps a mix of the two tings will eventually help me better.

Riccardo