[csw-maintainers] Evaluating Gentoo Prefix

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 24 10:11:20 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/9/24 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> Alright. But, at least for me, the specifications that you considered
>> were opaque. If it's 1Gb of memory and 1 core virtualized then good
>> luck; I'm not saying that it is not possible to optimize for that, what
>> I'm thinking and say now is that for the moment, documentation wise, we
>> should give the current specs of the only working build farm. When the
>> optimization lowers the bar, the documentation can be changed.
>
> OK, makes sense. Unfortunately I don't know the current requirements,
> I don't own a spare machine large enough to actually run the current
> code. With a lot of RAM (32GB?) it should run in one go, with less RAM
> it will run out of memory and you'll have to restart the process a
> couple times until it finishes.
>
> I've listed all the locations to consolidate. All the information is
> available already, it's a matter or rewriting the setup howto and
> running it to verify that the instructions are actually correct. Is
> anyone up for doing that?

As I wrote in the beginning of the summer, I'm voluntary to test/verify
the build farm construction documentation. For the time being, I have
only an x86 with 8Gb; unfortunately that is the maximum that the mother
board supports :-( but the processor is a quad core Xenon.

IMHO the writer/consolidator of the documentation should be another
person. Do you think that you can do it?
--
Peter