[csw-maintainers] Question regarding Python and magic

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 28 18:08:56 CEST 2013

2013/9/28 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
> Alright. I'm writing about the generic modulators for Python 2.x, you
> are writing about the "file" package modulation. You and me not sharing
> monads...

Apparently not. :(

I think we should use the code from libmagic, but libmagic is not a
"CATEGORIES = python" build, which means it's not using the generic
Python modulator. Therefore, if we want CSWpy-libmagic to be
available for both 2.6 and 2.7, we need to add a modulator to the [1]
build recipe. This is what I was trying to say at [2].

[1] https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/file/trunk/Makefile
[2] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2013-September/018632.html