Stale packages report is available

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 6 19:24:25 CEST 2014

> "Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> Hello maintainers,
>>
>> During yesterday's hacking session I wrote a quick and dirty report of
>> stale packages.
>>
>> http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/obsolete-pkgs/stale-packages.html
>
> Nice. Thus, I see that I have a package which get old and besides it's
> not needed anymore as another one provides its features. Can you remind
> me how to remove a package from the catalog or point me toward a
> documentation reference?

There are some examples at the bottom of the report, the general usage
is as follows:

# setup
cd /path/to/gar/v2
export PYTHONPATH=$PWD
# work
./lib/python/safe_remove_package.py \
--os-releases=SunOS5.9,SunOS5.10,SunOS5.11 -c <catalogname>

The script will only remove a package when it has no reverse dependencies.