Migrating documentation to the manual

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Apr 12 03:25:53 CEST 2014

Hi Maciej,

Am 11.04.2014 um 11:35 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
>> That was a JIRA installation for the potential migration of the bug tracker.
>> I guess you want to fiddle more with Confluence? I can set up a new VM with
>> that for you, but it may a couple of days as I’m away.
>
> I didn't realize this was about bug tracking as well.

No, it wasn’t :-) I just had this perfectly configured VM at hand with
already one experimental atlassian product on it, so I guessed I could
just repurpose it.

> Bug tracking is an especially hard problem for us, because most bug
> trackers aren't designed to efficiently handle 4000+ projects.
>
> I think we should keep documentation and bugtracking in separate
> places. This will give us more flexibility in both.

Yes. Definitely. The long-term idea was more like confluence for wiki and
jira as bugtracker.

> In this particular thread I wanted to focus on moving this one
> specific page to the manual. I guess that shouldn't clash with your
> plans, unless you're thinking of migrating the manual[1] to a different place

This is definitely a good idea.

Best regards

  — Dago