libutil not found

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 7 11:55:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

Carsten Grzemba wrote:

> Am 31.07.14 schrieb Laurent Blume  <laurent at opencsw.org>:
> > Best approach is going to opencsw.org, clicking on «Search» on the
> > right, entering «libutil.so» in the Filename field, and checking
> > «partial match» before clicking on the Search button.
> 'partial match' is mandatory because libutil.so could be a sym link
> which will not returned by opencsw.org search.
> other approaches:
> - is there a link, is it broken?
> - do it is in -L directory list?
> - do it is the right elf type (32/64bit)?

the only match I get (search is case-insensitive apparently) is:
CSWamanda opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/auto/Amanda/Util/libUtil.so

which is most surely wrong.

> > If there's no match, well, welcome to Dependency Hell! :-)

I fear... Dependency Hell! I'll dig in further.

I tried to compile the "current svn" version, but that one doesn't even
compile... "Porting Hell"...

However Project Center is GNUstep's IDE, so it is reasonably important
in the GS environment.
I'll ask for furher help as soon as I have made more attempts

Riccardo