Poll: finding the right package promotion time

slowfranklin slowfranklin at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 20 14:30:31 CEST 2014

Am 15.08.2014 um 20:16 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:

> slowfranklin <slowfranklin at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> as discussed on IRC, here's a quick poll which may help finding the
>> right time it shall take for a package to sink from unstable to
>> testing.
>
> It would be nice to sumarize the discussion to understand what brought
> the necessity of this poll.

There really wasn't any, it just came out of my question for the reason to choose 2 weeks in the first place.

It seems there wasn't any other technical argument for that other then "that's what Debian does".

So short of technical arguments I found it interesting to get a picture what others might find an appropriate amount of time. My gut feeling was 2 weeks it too short.

Cheerio!
-slow