gnutar vs gtar ?

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 7 19:23:32 CET 2014

Hi,

After Dagobert made several changes to gnustep-base (there is stills
something left), I tried to update also gnustep-gui to his suggestions.
I wanted, at least locally, go up with his changes to an application and
see it all works compared to mine.

gnustep-base builds on my box just fine, as on the buildfarm.

while building gnustep-gui on my own box

Making install for bundle libgmodel...
  Installing headers...
  Creating
/home/multix/code/opencsw/gnustep-gui/trunk/work/install-isa-sparcv8plus//opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles...
  Installing bundle directory...
/bin/sh: gnutar: not found
/bin/sh: gnutar: not found
/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/Shared/bundle.make:402:
recipe for target 'shared-instance-bundle-install' failed

bash-4.3$ which gtar
/opt/csw/bin/gtar
bash-4.3$ which gnutar
no gnutar in /opt/csw/bin /usr/bin /usr/ucb /etc .

What's the situation at your place? Who is invoking "gnutar" ? It is not
something usual, I don't have gnutar on other platforms like NetBSD, but
gtar.

Riccardo