problem committing (from my own box)

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 16 09:39:46 CET 2014

Hello,

On Sun, 2014-12-07 at 23:34, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> > Authentication realm: <https://svn.code.sf.net:443> SourceForge User
> > Password for 'rmottola': **********
>
> You can't commit via https. You need to check out using the read+write
> link e.g. from https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/

I never checked out myself, I used "mgar init" ! and I was able to
commit in the past for sure.

I moved aside my current tree and redid a "mgar init", I get this
failure:

A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/etc/commondirs-i386
A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/Makefile
A    opencsw/.buildsys/bts/garrc.sample
Checked out revision 24459.
svn: E175013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/gar/code/csw/mgar/pkg'
svn: E175013: Access to '/p/gar/code/csw/mgar/pkg' forbidden

Did some configuration change? Do I need to perform a check-out manually
instead of mgar init?

If I try your link above:
svn co https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/

I get:
svn: E175011: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree'
svn: E175011: Repository moved temporarily to
'http://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree'; please relocate

Perhaps this relocation is the reason for failure? Should I check out
from http instead? In the same directory mgar init is configured for?

Thank you

Riccardo