New code deployment imminent

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Feb 16 22:47:41 CET 2014

I am preparing to deploy the code I've been working on for over a year
now. I will probably break the buildfarm. But the I'll probably fix it.

Will anything be better when the new code is deployed? Moderately. The
database will be probably happier when we no longer store 64MB big rows in
the database. We'll also bring back metadata display on the buildfarm web
UI, so you'll be able to easily see what checkpkg sees when it examines a
package.

The new code will make the biggest difference to people who want to set up
their own buildfarms on smaller machines.

I don't have the exact timeline, I will possibly start the making the
changes tonight and the buildfarm will be likely broken on Monday. I'll
keep you posted.