ld: fatal: file /lib/libc.so: version 'SUNW_1.22.5' is unavailable

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Mon Feb 17 13:10:48 CET 2014

Am 17.02.14 12:57, schrieb Juraj Lutter:
> On 02/17/14 12:53, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is that mysql actually needs the newer libc-version for getpagesize2() as reported in
>>>   https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5137
>>> This is not related to GCC or Sun Studio. I suggest you disable the linker map forcing 1.22.5 in your Makefile with
>>>   # Disable linker map forcing SUNW_1.22.2 as the linked MySQL needs SUNW_1.22.5
>>>   LINKER_MAPS =
>>> After that everything sould work cleanly.
>> I am a bit confused. What should getpagesize2() be?
>
> It should be, probably, getpagesize(2)

it's getpagesizes2 :)

SYMBOL_VERSION SUNW_1.22.5 {	# s10u8 - SunOS 5.10 (Solaris 10) patch
additions
    protected:
	getpagesizes2;
} SUNW_1.22.4;

They changed that in U8
https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/blob/master/usr/src/lib/libc/port/sys/getpagesizes.c

And therefore the header changed too:

mman.h

which iirc points getpagesizes to getpagessizes2.

So you would need to replace the header to to get old getpagesizes.
Which I don't want to do.

All that stuff you need to have largepage support in x86 iirc. Which you
might want to have in mysql.
Thats why I uses a custom map file back then in  mysql to use libc 1.22.5

Greetings
Jan