libffi - summary of problems

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 20 01:32:05 CET 2014

TL;DR /opt/csw/lib/ffi

> Did some package not install properly?

We had trouble with libffi, because there were two different pieces of
software trying to claim libffi.so. We've moved that file into a
subdirectory:

> pkgchk -L CSWlibffi-dev | grep '\.so'
/opt/csw/lib/ffi/libffi.so=../libffi.so.5.0.10 s none CSWlibffi-dev
/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/ffi/libffi.so=../libffi.so.5.0.10 s none CSWlibffi-dev

You need to add -L/opt/csw/lib/ffi to the linker invocation, or set an
environment variable that will do that. Or set a variable in GAR which
will cause an environment variable to be exported that will cause that
flag to be added to the linker invocation (yay layers of indirection!
;-) ).

I think that the other piece of software was...

> bin/pkgdb -r SunOS5.9 show basename libffi.so
/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/ffi/libffi.so CSWlibffi-dev
/opt/csw/gcc3/lib/sparcv9/libffi.so CSWgcc3java
/opt/csw/lib/libffi.so CSWgcc3javart, CSWgcc4core
/opt/csw/gcc3/lib/libffi.so CSWgcc3java
/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libffi.so CSWgcc3javart, CSWgcc4core
/opt/csw/lib/ffi/libffi.so CSWlibffi-dev

Yes, GCC. But this seems to be no longer the case in our Solaris 10 catalog.