OSQA needs updating

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 20 12:37:45 CET 2014

> the most looks good so far. But I am looking for a way of export the old
> content in the new site. There I haven't found any documentation.
> Can somebody give me a hint?

The django admin/manage script allows to export all data as JSON. You can
then write a script to transform these JSON data to another format that we
might want.

I thought we could transform it to Markdown or ReStructuredText, one file
per question+answers. Then we could commit it to our Subversion repo, maybe
make it part of the opencsw manual?

It's up to you. One thing that would be nice is preserving the existing
URLs, or providing HTTP redirects from the existing URLs. I think our OSQA
pages are ranking high for specific questions. You can check it by looking
for something specific, for example "replace solaris lpd with cups".