libffi - summary of problems

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 20 23:56:58 CET 2014

Hi Macjej,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> I think that the other piece of software was...
>
>> >bin/pkgdb -r SunOS5.9 show basename libffi.so
> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/ffi/libffi.so CSWlibffi-dev
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/sparcv9/libffi.so CSWgcc3java
> /opt/csw/lib/libffi.so CSWgcc3javart, CSWgcc4core
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/libffi.so CSWgcc3java
> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/libffi.so CSWgcc3javart, CSWgcc4core
> /opt/csw/lib/ffi/libffi.so CSWlibffi-dev
>
> Yes, GCC. But this seems to be no longer the case in our Solaris 10 catalog.

I have no direct experience with CSW here, but there should be only one
libffi provider. As far as I can remember it is one libffi, which used
to live "inside" gcc and now is a separate package. I don't think it is
a problem with gcc 4.x anymore ? DO we still have traces of gcc 3.x
somewhere?
Libffi came from the gcc java compiler itself (in dark ages).
Or is here a difference between Solaris 9 & 10?

Riccardo