copy file phase

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 2 18:29:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> > > With the current setup, that would be:
> > > /opt/csw/GNUstep/etc/GNUstep
> > >
> > > How can I accomplish that? how can that be packaged/done?
> This can be done in post-install: by copying stuff to $(PKGROOT).
> Then you define it as PRESERVECONF as documented here:
>   http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package#toc18

perfect. I thus defined:

PRESERVECONF = /etc/opt/csw/GNUstep/installation-domains.conf

> > Second, I suppose, that it would be more appropriate to put configure GNUstep.conf to be in /opt/csw/etc ?
> Even better would be /etc/opt/csw, please see for details
>   http://www.opencsw.org/manual/for-administrators/setup.html#etc-opt-csw-vs-opt-csw-etc

Yes, sounds better indeed. I thus added:

post-install:
    ( cp $(WORKSRC)/installation-domains.conf /etc/opt/csw/GNUstep/ )

But I get this error:
        [test-modulated] complete for gnustep-make.
( cp
work/build-isa-sparcv8plus/gnustep-make-2.6.6/installation-domains.conf
/etc/opt/csw/GNUstep/ )
cp: cannot create /etc/opt/csw/GNUstep/: Not a directory
Makefile:36: recipe for target 'post-install' failed
gmake[1]: *** [post-install] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/multix/code/opencsw/gnustep-make/trunk'

because the directory does not exist yet, if everything works as
expected it will be created by the actual installation scripts. I looked
in other Makefiles for examples, but they usually use DESTDIR, which is
not correct in my case.

Riccardo