Trac is back

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 24 19:18:18 CEST 2014

Hi Carsten,

Am 24.07.2014 um 08:38 schrieb Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de>:
> Am 23.07.14 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>> Am 23.07.2014 um 15:48 schrieb Carsten Grzemba <grzemba at contac-dt.de>:
>>
>>> on http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/trac I have setup our own Trac instance with the gar contents from sourceforge.
>>
>> It would be good to mimic the old URL layout, when I next encounter broken links I’ll try to suggest something.
>>
>>> Two shortcomings are in the moment:
>>> - We use the SF-SVN mirror only readonly currently, so Trac complains about that it not possible to update the tree.
>>
>> Why does Trac want to write to the tree?!? I can make a rw copy if necessary.
>>
> It could be that the pre-revprop-change hook have to exit with 0 which it does not at the moment.

Got it, there is no post-commit hook on Sourceforge. Either you can add
  trac-admin $ENV repository resync
via cron or we need to migrate the sourceforge svn to our own hosting.
For now I’d say add the job to cron every 15 minutes or so.

>>> - There are no user database in the moment so editing is not possible. I can create users local with new passwords or we use a remote repository (LDAP?).
>>
>> I can also add authentication on the enclosing webserver, do you have the URLs that should have BASIC?
>>
> In ../extra/httpd-vhosts.conf you can see this concerns only:
>
> <Location "/trac/login">
>   AuthType Basic
>   AuthName "Trac"
>   AuthUserFile /var....
>   Require valid-user
> </Location>

This is now connected with the maintainers password file on „web“.

Best regards

  — Dago