custom stuff in build and configure

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 8 01:27:07 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org> wrote:

> but then the configure target appears to do nothing, like:
> bash-4.3$ mgar configure
> gmake: 'work/cookies/global/configure' is up to date.
>
> but this is untrue, the configure script never did run, there is no config.log
>
> what am I doing wrong?

GAR is using its own cookies to track the state. If you want to reset
the configure stage cookie, you need to run "mgar reconfigure".

Overall, I'd suggest writing your own shell script that does whatever
you need to do, and calling that shell script from make.

If you write something like this in gmake...

foo:
   cmd1
   cmd2

...the environment from cmd1 will not be seen by cmd2, because they
are independent (sub)shells started by gmake, I think. Somebody
correct me if I'm wrong.