Rules for automatic package promotions

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue May 27 00:26:14 CEST 2014

There's a problem that not all of these data are available for us now.

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM, slowfranklin <slowfranklin at opencsw.org> wrote:
> "Every day a program automatically selects the packages to include in Testing, according to elements guaranteeing a certain level of quality:
>         • lack of critical bugs, or, at least fewer than the version currently included in Testing;

We don't have that information, because our mantis installation can't
differentiate between different versions of one package. We also don't
have a ready to use RPC API for it. There was something, but I don't
think anybody made it work.

>         • at least 10 days spent in Unstable, which is sufficient time to find and report any serious problems;

Easy to do.

>         • successful compilation on all officially supported architectures;

We don't have this.

>         • dependencies that can be satisfied in Testing, or that can at least be moved there together with the package in question."

Transitiveness is easy too. We would need to define it in more detail;
for example CSWfoo depends on CSWbar, where CSWbar is not ready to be
promoted, but there is an older version of CSWbar in the testing
catalog. Can we promote CSWfoo or not?

I also checked that we don't have fast/easy access to bundles. This
means that we can now implement promotion of individual packages, not
by-bundle.