terminfo entries for rxvt-unicode

Oliver Kiddle opk at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 20 17:01:38 CEST 2014

On 17 Oct, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> No, please go ahead. Where is CSWterminfo-rxvt-unicode built from?
> I suggest you just rebuild and update ncurses and push it, I tend to
> like giving away maintainership for packages :-)

CSWterminfo-rxvt-unicode is built together with rxvt-unicode. This makes
sense because the terminfo sources for it come in the urxvt source
distribution.
I'm not too thrilled to pick up maintainership on common libraries. I'll
upload it but don't wait for me if later work is needed on ncurses.

> > Currently, it is only building without support for the perl plugins
> > which is a bit of a pity. Any help with getting that to work would be
> > appreciated.

I finally got this to build.

It gets compile options by running: $PERL -MExtUtils::Embed -e ccopts
That seems to lack -I/opt/csw/lib/perl/5.10.1/CORE but also used
-xarch=sparc which is for suncc and not g++. Is the lack of the include
perhaps an issue with our perl package?

> >  https://enc.com.au/2011/09/30/ncurses-library-split/
>
> Indeed, the widechar split has been some time ago.

This is a different split: they separated the curses part from the
terminfo part.

Oliver