Giving up maintainer duty

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 5 15:48:32 CEST 2014

Hi Mark,

> I haven't been able to maintain any of my stuff for a while - I'm not a Solaris user any more.

It seems to be a common pattern. I'm in the same club now, not using
Solaris since late 2010.

Thanks for all your contributions!

> I have tried to give things up, but it appears my name is still against Puppet, Puppet3, ruby-augeas and Augeas. So I get some contact with issues.
>
> Could another name be placed against my old stuff please, so at least somebody valid sees any package enquiries?

Unfortunately, we don't have the facility to do this. Somebody else
has to rebuild and push new versions of these packages. We've talked
about related issues in the past[1], but we don't have a workable
conclusion[2]. All ideas that people liked would require changes to
the infrastructure, and nobody volunteered to make these changes. I
suggested some ideas that did not require infrastructure changes, but
people didn't like them.

[1] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2013-April/017851.html
[2] http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2013-April/017966.html