making the first gnustep packages available

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 12 12:57:17 CEST 2014

Hi Riccardo,

Am 11.09.2014 um 22:30 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
> Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
>> Have you built it on Solaris 9? If you only built it on Solaris 10, it
>> will very likely not build on Solaris 9. Unless you want to, I would
>> suggest not spending time on Solaris 9.
>
> actually, I didn't. I did all the work on my own solaris 10 machine.
>
> Since I am able with some manual hacking to build on my solaris 8 machine against the old packages (not from the receipes of course, just a local build) I'd like to see how my mileage on Solaris 9 is.
>
> I'm still a bit new to the buildfarm setup.
>
> What I did is:
>
> 1) ssh to login, where I did all the mgar checkout
> 2) ssh to unstable9s
> 3) run  for the "gnustep-make" package, which is the root of all stuff, "mgar fetch makesum extract configure build"
>
> I fail with:
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWpy-sqlobject: ok
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWpython: ok
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWwget: ok
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWxz: ok
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWgmake: ok
> ==> Verifying installed package CSWgcc4objc: MISSING
> gmake: *** [check-prereqs] Error 1
>
> is gcc4obj not available on solaris9 or it is just not installed? Who can install it?

It is, but was not installed:

unstable9s% pkgutil -a CSWgcc4objc
You're not root and didn't set -W, using home dir.
=> Fetching new catalog and descriptions (file:///export/mirror/opencsw-official/unstable/sparc/5.9) if available ...
common               package              catalog                        size
gcc4objc             CSWgcc4objc          4.6.3,REV=2012.03.05        23.7 MB
unstable9s% pkginfo CSWgcc4objc
ERROR: information for "CSWgcc4objc" was not found

You can request additional packages on the farm servers any time by mailing to
  buildfarm at opencsw.org
(which also goes to me :-)

Best regards

  — Dago