latest available version of binutils for 9

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 9 14:57:38 CEST 2015

Hi Dago,

sorry for asking may questions  :)

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> You can take a look at the catalog:
>    https://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/sparc/5.10/
this contains mixed packages, both for solaris 9 s for 10, even for
solaris 8! but no binutils,

However, here:
https://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/sparc/5.9/

I find binutils:
binutils-2.22,REV=2012.06.14-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
<https://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/unstable/sparc/5.9/binutils-2.22%2cREV%3d2012.06.14-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz>

Which is actually rather old. I completed a build including on unstable
9s! I will attempt 9x.
However,  I get this:

home/rmottola/opencsw/.buildsys/v2/gar//gar.pkg.mk:946: *** You are
building this package on a non-requested platform host 'unstable9s'. The
following platform

I suppose that I need to add the targets to the receipe, right? That
means however a commit and a new package and this brings our unstable9
machines to hang due to git :(

Riccardo