libpng update 16

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 20 10:26:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński wrote:
> Either in -dev, or in a separate package, depending what they are. You
> need to find that out. Looking at prior art (e.g. Debian) is a good
> idea.
>
> Putting them in -dev is the simplest, and in such a case it is
> necessary for -dev to depend on CSWlibz1.

I did some research. Debian doesn't have them in any packages.

They are utility programs:

*pngfix*

tests, optimizes and optionally fixes the zlib header in PNG files.
Optionally, when fixing, strips ancillary chunks from the file.

*png-fix-itxt*

fixes PNG files that have an incorrect length field in the iTXt chunks.

Thus strictly speaking not something for developer but for users. A
separate package, like png-utils ?
Perhaps it is not worth the effort and w can just slap then in -dev or
even exclude them as apparently others do?

Both for me are fine.

Riccardo