OpenSSL 1.0.1m considered harmful on Sparc

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 20 15:22:45 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I want to raise the issue about OpenSSL 1.0.1m again. On Sparc we have now
two serious issues:

- BIND fails with crypto failure
  https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5237
- Solaris 9 applications have issues with hangs in unrelated code. This has been seen
  at least in GIT and Python

How do we proceed here? While I do notice that it would be good to provide a working 1.0.1m
the status quo is that bad that I would suggest rolling back to 1.0.1l at least on Sparc
if the issue can not be resolved in a reasonable timeframe.

Best regards

  — Dago