Brokenness caused by libpng update

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 28 21:26:24 CEST 2015

Le 2015/04/28 21:19 +0200, Riccardo Mottola a écrit:
> sorry if I did something wrong. I tried my best upgrading libpng and
> asked for confirmation in the receipe changes.

Nothing wrong, it's just the fun of handling dependencies. I've dealt
with such things in the past too.

> what are these .pc files? perhaps package-config? Are they part of libpng?

USed by pkg-config(1).

> Should I change something in libpng? I have seen that a new, minor 1.6
> release is out so I planned an update anyway, although it is minor and
> not a security concern like this update was.

No, you only need to deal with organizing the rebuild of deps impacted
by it.

> but is this a problem with the reverse dependencies on libpng? Is this
> just a matter of rebuilding them?

Yep.

> Sure, how do I do it best, how do I have a list of those issues?
> libpng-dev has  just once reverse dependency, however

The website should tell you which packages depend on linpng, check their
.pc files for inclusion of libpng15 as a dependency there.

> http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWlibpng15-15/
>
> shows 49 reverese dependencies, many of them don't appear to have a
> maintainer/uploader.

List them and check if they have -config scripts or .pc files that could
need a rebuild with 1.6.

Laurent